Thursday, January 6, 2011

Life.

                The older that I have become, the more I’ve realized that I am an incredible actress. And by acting I mean, the master of acting like I have it all together, like my life is something to be jealous of and desired. I have appeared to be the girl that has it all. Even my own family has not realized how badly I was hurting inside. The real world is filled with people who are hurting so badly and the misfortune is that no one even realizes just how badly others are hurting. 
                We live in a society that is so self-centered. If you were to stand in line at the grocery store you would see a magazine that is entitled “Self”. That just proves how self-absorbed we have become. It’s all about me. It’s all about doing what makes you feel good. We are too busy looking at ourselves and our problems that we often forget there are others that are hurting just as bad if not worse.
              My ultimate goal for this year is to love God and love people. In order to do that, I'm going to need to take most of the attention off of myself and genuinely be concerned with others. I am blessed beyond belief and if I can just be a listening ear for someone, that's a huge blessing in and of itself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment