Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year. New YOU?!

  It's that time of year again. A new year which ultimately stirs up a myriad of emotions within. One target for a new years resolution is the thought of "what am I going to fix about myself this year?". I know my mentality has been geared that way. But should a new year really constitute a new you? I'm a firm believer in the fact that we are constantly evolving, we never fully arrive, we are in a constant state of change. Do I really want this year to CHANGE me? I want this year to make me a better me. I am who I am and I'm proud of it, irregardless of whether others feel the same.
 God has a funny way of throwing curve balls and lighting a fire under my behind. That's happened a lot lately and it's caused me to take a step back and look at the ugliness that is me. I am by no means perfect or would never even begin to lead you to believe I am close. I am flawed. But I am super excited to see what the Lord has in store for me! That just makes me all the more thankful that the Lord is who HE is.
 So, as far as my new years resolutions go...I've got a list. But I am absolutely thrilled to work through each and every one of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment